Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Cultivating a Thankful Heart

 

My heart is broken this morning with the news out of Waukesha, Wisconsin. I grieve for those killed, injured, and traumatized during yesterday’s parade. It is yet another reminder that our world is not as it should be. And there’s no way to make sense of such violence without acknowledging that I too am not as I should be. My world is broken and so am I.

Yesterday, I talked about how a life of gratitude in response to God’s grace produces in us “compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.” (Colossians 3:12). Such qualities seem in short supply these days. Perhaps, as we move toward Thanksgiving Day, by God’s grace, we can live a different way.

If you missed yesterday’s sermon, you can listen to it here or watch the entire service here.

No comments: